Sweater dresses are one of my favorite closet staples – aside from being so darn comfortable and easy to throw on for a “one and done” outfit, they can also be quite versatile for layered looks. I’m partnering with Express to share a cozy yet elegant sweater dress that is also bump friendly and comes in two beautiful neutral colors. It’s fully stocked at an awesome sale price right now, and is so good I’m eying the Seneca Rock color too. For other sweater dresses available in petite or xxs regular, they also have this shift style dress (also 50% off!) that comes in 3 colors and this chic off shoulder one.
Other Petite-Friendly Finds
I wanted to share a few other petite-friendly pieces I have tried on and love! I’ve been so happy with their pants lately (thank you “short” inseam), all of which happen to be fairly wrinkle resistant too and on sale for BOGO 50% off.
- Twill bootcut pant – These in 00 Short fit me like a dream and are stretchy & so elongating!
- Double pleat trouser – French chic straight leg, nice and lightweight
- Pleated ankle pant – See on me in “swan” here. Looser fit but are also a classic.
- Twill slim pant – Another old favorite of mine if you like a slim silhouette. Stretchy and comfy.
- Tweed mini skirt – runs small for Express and will fit extra petite ladies with no alterations
- Pearl cuff cross front top (40% off) – drapes beautifully and pairs well with any of the above pants or you can dress it down with a pair of jeans in pretty much any color. This top in white requires a skin-toned bra and some steaming out of the package, but I’ve been loving it so much I also want the black.
Sweater Dress 4 Ways
Below are a few different ways you can style this dress. The length is above the knee on the model, but hits me right at the knee which I prefer. Note the sleeves are a little long on me so I have them cuffed up once.
1. Girls night
This is one of my favorite tricks for shortening a dress – it doesn’t always look right, but it works like a charm with this particular dress! Simply put on a skinny belt and fold some fabric over the top of the belt, which essentially raises the hemline and creates a completely different look with this dress.
2. Cozy Date Night
Worn simply by itself with a pair of tall boots or ankle booties.
Layered with a midi skirt (actually very comfortable when layered underneath, since it’s soft and stretchy) and some pumps or flats.
4. Lunch Meeting
Topped with a sleek coatigan and crossbody bag. I just love the combination of light grey with the beige!
Thank you to Express for partnering on this post.
View this post on Instagram